What we cover in Episode 1
Marketing is a competitive profession. The quality of the tools we have available and the people who work in the space have improved drastically over the past five years.
That means some of the best marketers are ultra aggressive in their tactics, and one marketer who always divides opinion is Neil Patel.
We talk about some of Neil Patel's tactics and ask where the line is? Or even, is there a line?
And, how much of your marketing budget goes towards content marketing? We look at a new study by ProfitWell that shows the cost of acquisition for content marketing is increasing faster than paid advertising.
We ask is content marketing still a viable marketing tactic to grow your business.
All of this and much more in episode 1 of the Growth TL;DR.
Welcome to Episode 1!
Topic 1: How Much Are You Willing To Push The Boundaries as a Marketer?
Just how willing are you to push the boundaries as a marketer. We cover some marketing drama where Neil Patel was called out for stealing content from a well-known marketing agency.
- Neil Patel recently made a LinkedIn video highlighting three tactics he aggressively used to promote his own brand, the best of these being his purchase of UberSuggest for $100k.
- The pillar and cluster model for content can also provide you with big advantages over competitors when it comes to ranking for competitive keywords.
Topic 2: The Cost to Acquire via Content Marketing is Rising Faster than Paid Advertising. What Does it Mean?
- The cost to acquire through content marketing has risen by 50% in the past five years. The number of social shares has also decreased by 50% since 2015.
- Content marketing has become a lot more popular over the last number of years, that means there are going to be more winners and more companies who struggle to make it successful for them.
- Hiring is one of the most important parts of being successful with content marketing.
Articles Mentioned in this Show
>> Is Content Marketing Dead? Here's Some Data.
>> Content Trends. 2018 BuzzSumo Report
Subscribe Rate and Review
>> Google Play
Follow us on Social Media